Sunday, August 24, 2008

Manly Toys

Kira and Hayden were given a Bob The Builder tool set. Now, neither of them know anything about Bob. I try not to bring any brand names into the house. Kira knows Elmo and Big Bird and I think she picked up Barney from daycare which is most unfortunate because I personally hate that purple dinosaur. Aside from that, she thinks Dora is "that girl with the monkey" and Clifford is, well, just a big red dog.

Anyway, the point is, they now have their first set of manly toys! Kira wanted me to take out the pliers for her and of course as soon as I did, she somehow hurt herself with it and cried. They she gave the pliers to Hayden who then turned towards the entertainment unit (the real thing) and started cutting various wires with the pliers. So, that's gender stereotypes for you.

"Safety first, baby." "But... I can't see!"


"Don't I look professional."


"Yeah! Fun toys for me!"


"Construction is serious work."


"How am I going to fix this?"


"Done with the screwdriver."


"Now pass the wrench please."

No comments: