Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Party Weekend

We had the most wonderful weekend. Being the scatterbrain that I am, I forgot my camera for most of it.

We went to a couple of Holiday parties on Saturday. First a kiddie one and then one hosted by Brett's work. The kiddie party was great and they served this super yummy champagne punch. I usually don't and can't drink but I had 3 or 4 of those. Then I was reminded that we had a second party to go to and there'd be more drinking so I stopped.

We went home and dropped off the kids with a sitter and went to party #2. Boy, was that fun. The theme of the party was Winter White Carnival. There were all kinds of carnival games, snow cones, cotton candy booths, hot chocolate booth, caricature artists and super tasty foods. There was even a ride in the middle of the party hall. It's basically a kids party without the kids. They gave out free tickets so we can play the games. Normally, I don't like spending money on carnival games, knowing that they are all scams and I don't have the necessary techniques to win anything. But the tickets were free and we were feeling so free without the kids that we took a shot at every game. We won four, yep, four light sabers and a couple of whales. We had our pictures drawn and taken in t a booth. I really wish I have pictures to show. Oh well, it was perfect.

Then we went to a birthday party on Saturday. It was a pizza party with a twist. The kids got to make their own pizzas.

First, the kids pay attention during a professional demo.


Now, the kids' turn. Start with the sauce.


Then the toppings.


See the real hero behind the pizza making?


Then the staff came to take the pizzas away to be put in the oven. Oh, the anticipation.


Yeah! Let's check out other people's pizzas as well.


Hayden was a very good boy during the party. He sat at a booth and ate whatever we gave him and watched as big kids played. We were pretty exhausted by the time we got home and we enjoyed a wonderfully long family nap.

Now, this is what I call a perfect weekend!

No comments: